The Deacons, in cooperation with the Pastor, are responsible for the guidance, nurture, and leadership of the congregation. Ebenezer Deacons are a ministry in service to the Ebenezer Congregation. The duties of Deacons include:
- Serving as special assistants to the Pastor.
- Providing leadership in the church’s achievement of its mission by giving loyal support and open communication to the Pastor, the Deacon Body, the church staff, and the church membership.
- Taking an active role and regularly attending church worship services, Sunday School, Discipleship Training, prayer meeting, and Deacon meetings.
- Demonstrating a commitment to good stewardship by regularly and sacrificially giving tithes and offerings to the church.
- Visiting the sick, shut-in, and bereaved.
- Assisting the Pastor with Communion. This includes special arrangements to provide the Lord’s Supper to members who are sick, shut-in, or have requested communion.
- Assisting the Pastor with Baptism.
• Chairman- Robert M. Organ
• Vice Chairman- Gregory Roberson