The primary purpose of Missions is to lead the church to:
- Pray for Missions
- Learn about Missions
- Develop spiritually toward a missions lifestyle
- Support Missions
- Do missions
- Take part in the work of the church and the denomination.
Woman’s Missionary Union (WMU)
- Mission I (Women on Mission)
- Mission II (Women on Mission)
- Baptist Young Women
- Girls-in-Action (females in grades 1-6)
- Acteens (females in grades 7-12)
- Mission Friends (pre-school ages)
- WMU Director: Linda Ellison
- WMU Assistant Director: Barbara Alexander
- WMU General Missions Treasurer: Ruth Godine
Coordinator Team Leadership Positions
Mission Support: Opal Irving, Coordinator; Beatrice Williams, Co-Coordinator
Mission Study: Eugenia Gaines, Coordinator; Marilyn Poole, Co-Coordinator
Mission Action: Open
Communication & Publicity: Open
Membership & Enlistment: Cynthia Mays
Auxiliary Circle Presidents
Circle 2: Cynthia Mays
Circles 3 & 4: JoAnn McGrew
Circles 8 & 9: Fannie Akingbala
Circle 11: Barbara Lee
Circle 12: Barbara Alexander
Eunice Circle: Alice Houston Johnson
Martha Circle: Beatrice Williams
Naomi Circle: Eugenia Gaines
Sarah Circle: Robbie Jones
Baptist Young Women
BYW is a part of the Women’s Missionary Union (WMU). This group’s mission is to carry out the primary focus of WMU and to help young women right out of high school, collegiate, career and professional young women fulfill their mission as followers of Christ.
Organization Leader: Open
Acteens (Females in Grades 7 - 12)
• Give teenage girls opportunities to grow in their relationships with God and their peers.
• Acteens learn to independently become actively involved in missions and ministry.
Organizational Leader: Linda Ellison, Interim
Girls in Action (GA’s) (Females in grades 1 - 6)
Mission: GA is an organization for girls in grades 1–6 that helps girls:
- Learn a biblical worldview with an emphasis on missions learning and missional living.
- Develop leadership skills to serve God and share His love with others.
- Grow spiritually in their understanding of God and His mission, including how they are a part of God’s plan
Organizational Leader: Carolyn Golden, Leader, Lenora Givens, Co-Leader
• Nurture each preschooler (ages 0-5 years) in faith development by providing Bible-based experiences.
• Provide activities that include home living, helping others, music and movement, nature and games, and manipulatives.
• Participate in financial support of Home and Foreign Missions during Fifth Sunday Mission programs and annual Mission Programs.
Organizational Leader: Polly Street
The mission of Brotherhood/Baptist Men is to plan, promote, implement, and participate in programs which help men of the church proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ in every aspect of their lives.
- Royal Ambassadors (males in grades 1-6)
- Challengers (males in grades 7-12)
Director: Burt Ellison
Coordinator-Royal Ambassadors and Challengers: Jim Davis